REMIX TIME! Annual Competition Begins
This year's remix competition is sponsored by Sennheiser. They're giving prizes and judging the entries. The original song for the competition is 'The First Day' by Nelo. Get started now.
What is it?
Every year, InternetDJ founding members select one outstanding track from the music library. InternetDJ receives the source sound files for the original track and makes them available for InternetDJ members to download. This year's artist is Nelo
and the chosen track is "The First Day
Members have until Midnight September 4, 2004 NYC Time
to download the sound files, remix the track in a genre that you are comfortable with and upload it to InternetDJ. After September 4, the upload page will be closed and a judging team from Sennheiser
and InternetDJ will review all submitted tracks. Judges will look for qualities of the Sennheiser
True Sound philosophy which include: professionalism, quality of mastering and body of sound. Judges will also look for effective and appropriate usage of the source sound files.
The Voting Process and Prizes
Judges will select ten of the submitted remixes and make them available for voting on the homepage of InternetDJ. All members will then vote on who
proceeds to the final round. The top three voted tracks are then delivered to the original artist who will select the winning order. The three
finalists will receive professional headphones from Sennheiser
). InternetDJ will also press a vinyl or CD single featuring the original track and the winning remix.
1: First, listen to Nelo
's original track "The First Day
2: Download the sample pack for "The First Day" here
3: Finally, upload your finished remix to InternetDJ:
Remix Submission is Now Closed! Good Luck To All The Participants. Judging will commence shortly and we'll announce when the voting process begins on the InternetDJ site
4: The competition and uploading arena ends at Midnight September 4, 2004 NYC Time
. The voting process will begin on September 20, 2004
Tips and Guidelines
- Genres - This remix competition is not genre specific, remix the track in any style you want.
- Samples - We will be looking for clever usage of the samples given. What we don't want is to hear a completly different track that barely uses any of the original samples. Remember you are remixing this track so it needs to somewhat resemble the original.
- Vocals - There are none included with the samples. Why? Simple. We want you to record your own. Although not completely compulsory to the remix we will be looking favourably at tracks that incorporate a vocal element, so get creative.
- Length - Try to keep the track between 3 - 6 minutes.
- Usage - Usage of these samples and of your completed track are for this competition and this competition only. You are not allowed to use the sound samples in your own productions. You are not allowed to license your remix in any way (label, movie, online site etc.) You are not allowed to publish your remix on any sound carrier (CD, vinyl, tape etc.) You are not allowed to sell the sound samples of this remix kit. You are not allowed to distribute the sound samples or the .mid file of this remix kit. And finally you are not allowed to publish this remix to the internet anywhere other than the remix submission page on internetdj.com that includes posting it to your artist profile page, such uploads will be rejected.